Saturday, April 12, 2008

Robofest

Today we went to the Sony Lab on Madison and 56th st to see the first annual Robofest! It is groups of kids that use mostly Lego to design robots, and this is a contest for dancing robots. There was a show and we could see the robots up close, some dancing and others doing all sorts of things. The first thing I noticed tho was the giant Spiderman climbing down the glass wall.
My friend Elias and I were amazed at all the robots and the many configurations of Lego, processors, tires, sensors, parts and pieces.
This one looked like a cool airplane fighting machine,
and this one had a face!
This one moved back and forth.

It was programmed to see the black line and not cross it, but to turn and go the other way. It actually stayed inside it's oval and didn't get away or fall off of the table.
I can't wait til Daddy helps me build my own robot. These are fantastic!
Click HERE for a slideshow of more photos of this wonderful show!


No comments: